Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 71 - #51

"Tao gives life to all beings.
Nature nourishes them.
Fellow creatures shape them.
Circumstances complete them.

Everything in existence respects Tao
and honors nature--
not by decree, but spontaneously.

Tao gives life to all beings.
Nature nourishes them,
develops them,
shelters them,
nurses them,
grows them,
ripens them,
completes them,
buries them,
and returns them.

Giving birth,
nourishing life,
shaping things without possessing them,
serving without expectation of reward,
leading without dominating:
Those are the profound virtues of nature,
and of nature's best beings."

I've never been very good at "letting go and letting God." In fact, I've often felt that, rather than me not letting go of them, these torturous daily concerns aren't letting go of me. Whichever way the wind blows, I've been blessed to recognize one simple fact; that is, as a dear friend answered the question, "What is important?": "God. Everything else is gravy."

While I've enjoyed plenty of gravy along the way--perhaps at times too liberally--I've never given up my efforts to seek God. In that alone I've been blessed by Him beyond imagining. I am so grateful to have heard the call to do His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment