Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 51 - #72

"If people fear your power,
then you don't really have any.

Leave them alone in their homes.
Respect them in their lives,
and they won't grow weary of you.

The sage knows herself,
but doesn't dwell on herself;
Loves herself, but no more than
she loves everyone else.

She adopts the concerns of heaven
as her own."

I've only ever wanted to love people as best I can. In my efforts to do so I have, perhaps more often than not, given them too much power over me, or else demanded power of my own in a situation where my place was incidental. While I certainly believe that there are very few mere coincidences, I wouldn't want to construe God's will where it, in fact, wasn't. And so in each new situation I learn to tread carefully: to be thoughtful without calculating, to be tactful without manipulating. It's often harder than it might seem, but it has been the only way for me to go, and I will keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment