Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 55 - #1

"Tao is beyond words
and beyond understanding.
Words may be used to speak of it,
but they cannot contain it.

Tao existed before words and names,
before heaven and earth,
before the ten thousand things.
It is the unlimited father and mother
of all limited things.

Therefore, to see beyond boundaries
to the subtle heart of things,
dispense with names,
with concepts,
with expectations and ambitions and differences.

Tao and its many manifestations
arise from the same source:
subtle wonder within mysterious darkness.

This is the beginning of all understanding."

The darkness tells me I am a horrible person, unfit for the treasures of life. Only the yearning for what lies beyond the darkness keeps me wondering at all. Can I penetrate the darkness to the core of myself, to the heart of God? What treasure I already have I hide even from myself. Lord, I pray, please tell me I was not meant to die in this shame, hurting. I will carry it all for as long as I must, but will it ever let me go?

No comments:

Post a Comment