Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 64 - #5

"Heaven and earth are not sentimental;
they regard all things as dispensable.
The sage isn't sentimental, either;
He views all forms ad ephemeral and transitional.

Tao is like a bellows:
empty, but inexhaustible.
The more you move it, the more it makes.
Too much talk about it evaporates your
understanding, though.

Simply stay at the center of the circle."

My boyfriend often wishes I would go with the flow more. Problem is, I've never felt like I was in it in the first place. You are, he insists. If you say so, I answer. And so our argument goes. Always fearful of trying to enter the flow--lest I be rejected somehow, I suppose--I see now that perhaps I was right just to let it happen around me; that way I wouldn't get too attached to anything. At the same time, "stay at the center of the circle," tells me, "Come on, be ready for anything. You can do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment