Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 46 - #4

"Tao is a whirling emptiness,
yet when used it cannot be exhausted.
Out of this mysterious well
flows everything in existence.

Blunting sharp edges,
Untangling knots,
Softening the glare,
Settling the dust,
It evolves us all and
makes the whole world one.

Something is there, hidden in the deep!
But I do not know whose child it is--
It came even before God."

To me there always has been something comforting about the notion of eternity; ever since I was in RCIA and I heard one of my instructors say, "God has no time," I've understood that that meant God would take all the time He needed to accomplish His plan for me.

Along the way, though, I have felt frustrated, disempowered, ashamed, isolated, ignored and hurt, as I've continued not to know or understand the struggles that go along with it. At times I've felt I must be worse than Judas himself for all that I've been through or all that I have caused others.

While I live, I suppose, I never will know in full what my purpose is, as often as I've prayed for a peaceful death. Until then, I pray also for the strength to face God in eternity, for all that I've done or left undone, said or left unsaid, loved or left unloved.

May He search my heart and supply what is wanting. May I search my soul and give to Him what is needed. As I search my life, may He know that all I look for is Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment