Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 68 - #6

"The heart of Tao is immortal,
the mysterious fertile mother of us all,
of heaven and earth,
of every thing
and not-thing.

Invisible yet ever-present,
you can use it forever without using it up."

In my boyfriend's hometown in Mississippi, well outside the town center, there is a little, modest and unassuming hair salon. If memory serves, it might even be set up in a trailer. But from the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I wanted to go there. Its name? The Shekinah Glory Hair Salon.

I first learned about the Shekinah Glory while attending a service at my mom and step-dad's mega-church. It's about as far from Catholicism as you can get, and yet, just like my source above says, though the word "Shekinah" is not in the Bible, the concept sure is. For now it is veiled, but we will know it when we see it. I pray and pray for God to come and dwell in me, and I believe I will see Him face to face. I want whatever will bring me closer to that time and place, and Persons, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment