Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 50 - #63

"Act by not acting,
accomplish by not straining,
understand by not knowing.
Regard the humble as exalted
and the exalted as humble.
Remedy injury with tranquil repair.

Meet the difficult while it is still easy;
cross the universe one step at a time.
Because the sage doesn't try anything too big,
she's able to accomplish big things.

Those who commit lightly seldom come through.
Those who think everything is easy
will find everything hard.
The sage understands that everything is difficult
and thus in the end has no difficulties."

Around the time I was leaving Frankfurt, I told a friend (who thought I was nuts for going to Istanbul): "I've never been one to do things the easy way." The path of least resistance is often tempting, never appealing. I sometimes feel like Satan's easy target, but it just makes me want to tell him, "You bring it, motherfucker!" Then I remember that at times I fight even God.

I fight for my life every day. Once death had come to touch it, I knew I'd have to fight with and for all--if anything--I am worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment