Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 49 - #52

"The origin and mother of everything
in the world is Tao.
Know the mother and you can know the children.
Having known the children, return to their
source and hold on to her.
Abiding by the mother, you are free from
danger, even when your body dies.

Don't live for your senses.
Close your mouth, close all the body's
openings, and reside in the original unity.
In this way you can pass your whole life
in peace and contentment.

Open your mouth, increase your activities,
start making distinctions between things,
and you'll toil forever without hope.

See the subtle and be illuminated.
Abide in gentleness and be strong.
Use your light, and return to insight.
Don't expose yourself to trouble.
This is following Tao."

Throughout my life, all I've wanted is something good to look forward to. I've had my hopes built up and dashed more times than I can count, but in the midst of it all, I've tried to stay focused on heavenly things, not only so that I could bring a bit of Heaven to others, if possible, but also so that perhaps there might be some taste of it for me on this side. It's what I've been starving for all my life, and it's taken all the courage and patience and hope I have to wait so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment