Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 61 - #57

"Govern a nation by following nature.
Fight a war with unexpected moves.
Win the world by letting go.

How do I know this? From seeing these:
The more prohibitions there are,
the poorer people become.
The more weapons there are,
the darker things become.
The more cunning and cleverness there is,
the crazier things become.
The more laws there are,
the greater the number of scoundrels.

Therefore the sage says:
I take no action,
and people transform themselves.
I love tranquility,
and people naturally do what is right.
I don't interfere,
and people prosper on their own.
I have no desires,
and people return to simplicity."

In my life, I have done a lot of things that people--including me--did not expect. No one thought I would travel halfway around the world, yet by the time I had got there, no one expected me to return, either. It got to the point where I no longer knew what to expect from myself. And so I tried to take an attitude not of expectation, but of discovery. "What happens next?" became, "What happens now?" It's been difficult with the change in thinking not to look to the past instead, but thence comes the letting go: "It is finished."

Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment