Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 57 - #46

"When the world practices Tao,
horses fertilize the fields.
When the world ignores Tao,
horses are bred for war.

There is no greater calamity than desire,
no greater curse than greed.
Know that enough is enough,
and you'll always have enough."

When I think of personal responsibility, I think of this, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."  How can I know the impact of each thing I do? And how do I know--truly--what affects me and what doesn't? Everything can touch us; I think it's just a matter of how or where we let it. I tell myself, "If you don't have anything to do, look for something. And if you don't know who needs you, then you aren't looking hard enough."

The most difficult part is knowing how to help without interfering; how to be of service without demanding or expecting service in return; how to share what I have without coveting what someone else has; how to understand without parsing or analyzing something to death. For goodness and mercy to follow me, I must follow them. I pray my every step will be a loosing of God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment