Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 44 - #45

"The greatest perfection seems imperfect,
yet its usefulness is endless.
The greatest fullness seems empty,
yet its usefulness is inexhaustible.

Great straightness seems flexible.
Great skill looks clumsy.
Great eloquence sounds awkward.

Movement triumphs over cold.
Stillness triumphs over heat.
Clarity and tranquility set the
whole world in order."

All my life I have struggled with my sense of self-worth. Yet through it all I have clung to a self-image of who I could be in triumph: Not triumph over others, but over this unmitigated sense of pain and shame and fear and loss and loneliness that has plagued me my whole life. With my faith in God I haven't been looking as much for a way out as for a way up. I pray now, as ever, for the clarity and tranquility to ascend.

No comments:

Post a Comment