Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 25 - #21

"The greatest virtue is to follow Tao,
and only Tao.
You might say, 'But Tao is illusive!
Evasive! Mysterious! Dark!
How can one follow that?'

By following this:
Out of silent subtle mystery emerge images.
These images coalesce into forms.
Within each form is contained the seed
and essence of life.
Thus do all things emerge and expand out
of darkness and emptiness.

Because its essence is real and evident
in the origins of all things,
the name of the Tao has survived
since the beginning of time.
How can I know the circumstances of the
origins of all things?
Exactly by this phenomenon."

Why do I believe this? What I believe about God, I mean.

My beloved recently described Jesus as, "a man who lived." Live, He did--and He died--for that thing we all want, and covet too hard; crave, but can't seem to keep; expect, but don't know how to give in return.

Love--that which only another person who lives can show us.

No comments:

Post a Comment