Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 42 - #2

"When people find one thing beautiful,
another consequently becomes ugly.
When one man is held up as good,
another is judged deficient.

Similarly, being and nonbeing balance each other;
difficult and easy define each other;
long and short illustrate each other;
high and low rest upon one another;
voice and song meld into harmony;
what is to come follows upon what has been.

The wise person acts without effort
and teaches by quiet example.
He accepts things as they come,
creates without possessing,
nourishes without demanding,
accomplishes without taking credit.

Because he constantly forgets himself,
he is never forgotten."

I ask God every day to help me walk in His ways. Every day something gets in my way. The challenge is not to become distracted and overwhelmed by my own judgement, or lack thereof. How can I discern His blessings without confusion and discouragement? I have failed Him so often, I feel I deserve nothing. Yet to hope for nothing seems against Him also. I love Him; I know that much. To do so even when I feel like a horrible failure is to persevere. May I die persevering, rather than live fearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment