Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 27 - #16

"Work toward emptiness and openness.
Cultivate stillness.
Breathe harmony.
Become tranquility.
As the ten thousand things rise and fall,
rise and fall,
just witness their return to the root.

Everything that flourishes dissolves
again into the source.
To dissolve back into the source is to find peace.
To find peace is to recover your true nature.
To recover your nature is to know the
constancy of Tao.
To know the constancy of Tao is insight.

Insight opens your mind.
An open mind leads to an open heart.
Openheartedness leads to justice.
Justice is an expression of divinity.
Divinity is oneness with Tao.
Oneness with Tao is freedom from harm,
indescribable pleasure, eternal life."

As open as I try to be, I remain convinced that if this longing I have were meant to be fulfilled, it would have been already. I remain convinced that since it hasn't been, I must not deserve it after all.

These are the voices I try to quiet in this pursuit of life. Until I do so, they remain real and deadly, and I remain trapped.

I'm grateful that at least God has not abandoned me in my struggle. I seldom feel that I'm not alone, otherwise. That hurts. I just hope all the pain will be worth something in the end.

I'm sure the freedom from it will be worth it all. That's why I keep going. That alone must be it. Otherwise I would ask death to overwhelm me now, but how would that set me truly free?

No comments:

Post a Comment