Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 38 - #9

"Filling to fullness is not as good
as stopping at the right moment.
Oversharpening a blade causes its edge
to be lost.
Line your home with treasures and you
won't be able to defend it.

Amass possessions,
establish positions,
display your pride:
Soon enough disaster drives you to your knees.

This is the way of heaven:
do your work, then quietly step back."

And let God do the rest, I suppose. If only it weren't so easy to give up hope in the midst of all the sorrow in this world.

I have tried to learn to roar back at my shame, to disallow my sorrows to get the better of my life when I should be facing the future with hope and confidence. I believe I am humble enough in heart and circumstance to understand that to live life is to tow the fine line in between, to stay the course even--and especially--when you can't see what's in front of you.

My struggle is that sometimes, I don't want to know, so I don't enjoy finding out, though I would like to.

Where I fail in hope now, may I succeed in acceptance later. May I learn to hope in the acceptance, and may I accept the hope as it comes.

I will take any miracle that comes my way. I've only ever wanted for so long to be part of the miracle of giving. As it is I would not have known how to ask for the miracle of two lives coming together. God forgive me my ingratitude and help my unbelief if I refuse to see the possibilities therein. May my heart bloom to life in His will, in His miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment