Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 41 - #30

"Those who wish to use Tao to influence others
don't rely on force or weapons or
military strategies.
Force rebounds.
Weapons turn on their wielders.
Battles are inevitably followed by famines.

Just do what needs to be done, and then stop.
Attain your purpose, but don't press
your advantage.
Be resolute, but don't boast.
Succeed, but don't crow.
Accomplish, but don't overpower.

Overdoing things invites decay,
and this is against Tao.
Whatever is against Tao soon ceases to be."

Before, I mentioned being busy. I see now that in its own way even this is against Tao. But my efforts to share my heart have been rejected again and again, so I've been forced to find things to fill my life and give me a sense of purpose.

All that action in my life has come to nothing, and so now I strive for non-action, although even in such striving I exhaust myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment