Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 22 - #10

"Can you marry your spirit and body to
the oneness and never depart from it?
Can you ride your breath until your entire
being is as supple as the body of an infant?
Can you cleanse your inner vision until you
see heaven in every direction?
Can you love people and govern them without
conniving and manipulating?
Can you bear heaven's children in all that
you do and are?
Can you give the wisdom of your heart precedence
over the learning of your head?

Giving birth,
nourishing life,
shaping things without possessing them,
serving without expectation of reward,
leading without dominating:
These are the profound virtues of nature,
and of nature's best beings."

All my life I have done my best to hope and believe despite unspeakable loss. I used to think death followed me like some acrid wind that made me unapproachable, unlovable, and unwanted, even by God. I was superstitious about my losses; I saw them only in a fateful, repeating pattern that seemed to curse me.

My faith rushed in when I thought I could grow beyond them, let go of the losses as I'd let go of the lives that meant so much.

All I've ever wanted are to give birth, nourish life, and lead by quiet example. Why have I been allowed to dream of my children all this time? May they have a place on Earth as in Heaven. For if not, where do I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment