Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 23 - #54

"Plant yourself firmly in the Tao and
you won't ever be uprooted.
Embrace Tao firmly and you won't ever
be separated from it.
Your children will thrive,
and your children's children.

Cultivate goodness in your self,
and goodness will be genuine.
Cultivate it in your family,
and goodness will flourish.
Cultivate it in your community,
and goodness will grow and multiply.
Cultivate it in your country,
and goodness will be abundant.
Cultivate it in the world,
and goodness will be everywhere.

How do I know the world works like this?
By watching."

How I wish I could see the "butterfly effect," that ripple, as on water, of actions--of all our actions--that everybody talks about. Then I would be thoroughly convinced all the time that all my dreams, hopes, wishes, desires, choices, movements, expressions…have not been and will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment