Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 17 - #49

"The sage has no set mind.
She adopts the concerns of others as her own.

She is good to the good.
She is also good to the bad.
This is real goodness.

She trusts the trustworthy.
She also trusts the untrustworthy.
This is real trust.

The sage takes the minds of the worldly
and spins them around.
People drop their ideas and agendas,
and she guides them like beloved children."

The other weekend I ran across some old writing I had done--about dating. Back when I was still dancing around what it was I really wanted. Continuing to write it out was one of the ways I kept telling myself the truth, even when I couldn't face it.

Anyway, it all centered around qualities--things I liked or found attractive--and I ran across this; I had written, "When you can see someone's struggles, the fights they've had to have, that's sexy."

But for me 'sexy' never has been a surface thing. It means seeing the fire inside someone's heart and basking in it. Feeling the fire so deeply in myself that it lights without burning (too much.)

To me, this is love. I have to love so the light can be strong and the burn, clean.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment