Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 31 - #42

"Nonbeing gives birth to the oneness.
The oneness gives birth to yin and yang.
Yin and yang give birth to heaven, earth,
and beings.
Heaven, earth, and beings give birth to
everything in existence.

Therefore everything in existence carries
within it both yin and yang, and attains
its harmony by blending together
these two vital breaths.

Ordinary people hate nothing more than to be
powerless, small, and unworthy.
Yet this is how superior people
describe themselves.
Gain is loss.
Loss is gain.

I repeat what others have said.
The strong and violent don't die natural deaths.
This is the very essence of my teaching."

How many of our wounds are self-inflicted?

When I tell myself a bad story about what happened, what happens, or especially, what might happen, I offend and upset the oneness within me. I block the vital breaths that meet to give me life. I block the life-giving breath of another.

This, indeed, is violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment