Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 24 - #44

"Which is more precious, fame or health?
Which is more valuable, health or wealth?
Which is more harmful, winning or losing?

The more excessive your love,
the greater your suffering.
The larger your hoard,
the heavier your losses.

Knowing what is enough is freedom.
Knowing when to stop is safety.
Practice these, and you'll endure."

I always listen for signs of what is enough. It's hard to do so without always wanting more. I trust God in turn to listen to the longing and do with it what He will. I hope also He will reveal to me the essence of it. How else can I stop hurting myself? Over and over I hear, "God does not do violence," and yet, over and over also, "Suffering is necessary for salvation." Is there a fine balance between the two?

No comments:

Post a Comment