Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 30 - #60

"Governing a large country is like
cooking a small fish.
If it's done in accordance with Tao,
nothing bad will happen.

Guide the world with Tao,
and evil won't be a problem.
Not that it won't be around,
but it won't find an opening.
When it can't find an opening,
it can't harm anyone.

The sage doesn't harm anyone, either.
When there's no harm on this side,
no harm on that,
goodness flows back and forth like water."

To bathe in the waters of goodness every day--surely this must be part of what is meant by the Psalm, "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life." But there must be something to bringing the goodness in and letting it stay. How to do both and keep doing it is a mystery to me. Sometimes when I try I feel as if I must be an insult to goodness itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment