Monday, April 16, 2018

Sixty-Two

"Do you wish to attain pure Tao?
Then you must understand and integrate within
yourself the three main energies of the universe.

The first is the earth energy.
Centered in the belly, it expresses itself as sexuality.
Those who cultivate and master the physical energy
attain partial purity.

The second is the heaven energy.
Centered in the mind, it expresses itself as knowledge
and wisdom.
Those whose minds merge with the Universal Mind
also attain partial purity.

The third is the harmonized energy.
Centered in the heart, it expresses itself as spiritual
insight.
Those who develop spiritual insight also attain partial
purity.

Only when you achieve all three--mastery of the
physical energy, universal mindedness, and spiritual
insight--and express them in a virtuous integral
life, can you attain pure Tao."

Given that we are all here for a finite period of time, I think it is tempting to look at any process of mastery as linear, at least at the outset. When it came to my spiritual pursuits, my initial thinking was no different. First I'd take on one aspect, then the next, then another. Gradually I've realized that I'm not the one in charge of the process, so that I've stopped being surprised when things are introduced to me seemingly out of order. Tao is all about the flow, and I think I'm finally starting to be comfortable going with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment