Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Fifty-Six

"If you wish to become a person of Tao, then study that
which serves the nature of life, and offer it to the
world.
Allow your devotion to learning the Taoist ways to be
complete.
Partial practice and partial discipline won't do.
You can't know the body by studying the finger, and
you can't understand the universe by learning one
science.
If you study the whole of the Tao wholeheartedly,
then everything in your life will reflect it."

Sometimes I think that if I could be anything, I'd want to be a Taoist Catholic yogini. Devoutly Catholic friends of mine might think I've gone a little nuts, but I aim to honor the legacy of an ex-nun I know who described herself as "catholic, with a small 'c.'" In my own faith life as a devoted practicing Catholic who nevertheless finds herself exploring, this looks like trying to understand what is meant by "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..." (John 1:1). By now I certainly understand that God speaks His Word to each of His children in myriad different ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment