Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Sixty-Four

"In earlier times, people lived simply and serenely.
Sensitive to the fluctuations that constantly occur, they
were able to adjust comfortably to the energy of the
day.

Today, people lead hysterical, impulsive lives.
Ignoring the subtle alterations of yin and yang which
influence all things, they become confused,
exhausted, and frustrated.
However, even today one can restore wholeness and
clarity to one's mind.
The way to do this is through study of the I Ching.

Like the cycle of day and night, everything is a tai chi
incorporating movements between yin and yang.
If you do not see the patterns in these movements, you
are lost.
But if you consult the I Ching with an open mind,
you will begin to see the patterns underlying all
things.
Knowing that daybreak will come, you can rest
peacefully at night.

When you accurately perceive the fluidity of things,
you also begin to perceive the constancy behind
them: the creative, transformative, boundless,
immutable Tao.
To see this is the ultimate education, and the ultimate
solace."

At the beginning of this year, I started throwing the I Ching daily. As life gradually became more fluid with big changes in the works for the rest of this year, I've been more intermittent with this practice. Interestingly, it's all brought me closer to the tradition I embraced first. I am convinced that all things like this bring us back to the one creative force: Love. They give us the tools to reckon with it and heal things in ourselves that block and pervert it. I am grateful for this blessing I have received to consider, explore, and create. May it only continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment