Thursday, April 5, 2018

Fifty-One

"Those who want to know the truth of the universe
should practice the four cardinal virtues.

The first is reverence for all life; this manifests as
unconditional love and respect for oneself and all
other beings.
The second is natural sincerity; this manifests as
honesty, simplicity, and faithfulness.
The third is gentleness; this manifests as kindness,
consideration for others, and sensitivity to spiritual
truth.
The fourth is supportiveness; this manifests as service
to others without expectation of reward.

The four virtues are not an external dogma but a part
of your original nature.
When practiced, they give birth to wisdom and evoke
the five blessings: health, wealth, happiness,
longevity, and peace."

I am grateful for the work I have put into getting in touch with my essential nature as a person. Quieting my mind, learning to soothe my own heart, and opening my soul to greater inspiration have been the most freeing, and yet reassuring, exercises of my life so far. It's exciting and calming at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment