Friday, April 27, 2018

Seventy

"The cords of passion and desire weave a blinding net
around you.
Worldly confrontation makes you stiff and inflexible.
The trap of duality is tenacious.
Bound, rigid, and trapped, you cannot experience
liberation.

Through dual cultivation it is possible to unravel the
net, soften the rigidity, dismantle the trap.
Dissolving your yin energy into the source of universal
life, attracting the yang energy from that same
source, you leave behind individuality and your life
becomes pure nature.
Free of ego, living naturally, working virtuously, you
become filled with inexhaustible vitality and are
liberated forever from the cycle of death and
rebirth.

Understand this if nothing else: spiritual freedom
and oneness with the Tao are not randomly
bestowed gifts, but the rewards of conscious
self-transformation and self-evolution."

I have to slow down and back up when I find myself becoming overwhelmed or confused about what to do. As I prepare to enter this new but long-awaited chapter of my life, I keep feeling like I should have more to show for everything that went before. Right now there is nothing more demoralizing than that, and I find myself running out of energy to deal with it. I have to believe that while I live there is always potential to grow and improve. The fact that right now that doesn't look quite how I'd like it to doesn't mean it never has or never will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment