Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Twenty-Two

"How can the divine Oneness be seen?
In beautiful forms, breathtaking wonders, awe-
inspiring miracles?
The Tao is not obliged to present itself this way.

It is always present and always available.
When speech is exhausted and mind dissolved, it
presents itself.
When clarity and purity are cultivated, it reveals
itself.
When sincerity is unconditional, it unveils itself.

If you are willing to be lived by it, you will see it
everywhere, even in the most ordinary things."

I would consider it the greatest compliment if someone said of me, "Kari found the ordinary extraordinary...and by her presence, made it so." What I am learning in the meantime is that an ordinary life is not, at all. That very fact is exhilarating, and I just hope I can keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment