Monday, March 26, 2018

Forty

"The natural laws of the universe are inviolable.
Energy condenses into substance.
Food is eaten through the mouth and not the nose.
A person who neglects to breathe will turn blue and
die.
Some things simply can't be dismissed.

It is also a part of the cosmic law that what you say
and do determines what happens in your life.
The ordinary person thinks that this law is external to
himself and he feels confined and controlled by it.
So his desires trouble his mind, his mind troubles his
spirit, and he lives in constant turmoil with himself
and the world.
His whole life is spent struggling.

The superior person recognizes that he and the subtle
law are one.
Therefore he cultivates himself to accord with it,
bringing moderation to his actions and clarity to his
mind.
Doing this, he finds himself at one with all that is
divine and enlightened.
His days are passed drinking in serenity and breathing
out contentment.

This is the profound, simple truth:
You are the master of your life and death.
What you do is what you are."

Wherever else my courage in life has failed me, I have always acted on the courage to evolve. I face change and welcome it. Sometimes, I even encourage it--when it needs encouragement from me. To me change means not only growth and learning, but also greater potential for joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment