Friday, March 16, 2018

Thirty-One

"The Tao doesn't come and go.
It is always present everywhere, just like the sky.
If your mind is clouded, you won't see it, but that
doesn't mean it isn't there.

All misery is created by the activity of the mind.
Can you let go of words and ideas, attitudes and
expectations?
If so, then the Tao will loom into view.
Can you be still and look inside?
If so, then you will see that the truth is always
available, always responsive."

It's a fairly new idea for me that as I respond to the truth, so it responds to me. I suppose this is similar to what people say about God searching for us even as we are searching for Him. As much as I like to think of and imagine and try to relate to God, I also just think there's value in measuring my growth in relationship to, understanding and experience of ideas. I believe He is a god who supports and enhances our reason, and has given us all the tools we need to use it to greatest effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment