Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Twenty-Nine

"Don't think you can attain total awareness and whole
enlightenment without proper discipline and
practice.
This is egomania.
Appropriate rituals channel your emotions and life
energy toward the light.
Without the discipline to practice them, you will 
tumble constantly backward into darkness.

Here is the great secret:
Just as high awareness of the subtle truth is gained
through virtuous conduct and sustaining
disciplines, so also is it maintained through these
things.
Highly evolved beings know and respect the truth of
this."

My husband and I get in fights about daily routine. He likes it; I don't. At a time when I'm struggling to keep my commitment to this blog, I wonder if this is a character flaw on my part. I like to feel and follow the unique energy, impulses and moments of each day, so I don't get bored or overwhelmed. The truth is that while I'm not easily bored in general, I do hate the restrictions I feel from routine. At a time of life changes, I'd like to use more creativity to make one that enhances our freedom, so I can feel more joy in each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment