Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Forty-Three

"In ancient times, people lived holistic lives.
They didn't overemphasize the intellect, but
integrated mind, body, and spirit in all things.
This allowed them to become masters of knowledge
rather than victims of concepts.
If a new invention appeared, they looked for the
troubles it might cause as well as the shortcuts it
offered.
They valued old ways that had been proven effective,
and they valid new ways if they could be proven
effective.

If you want to stop being confused, then emulate these
ancient folk: join your body, mind, and spirit in all
you do.
Choose food, clothing, and shelter that accords with
nature.
Rely on your own body for transportation.
Allow your work and your recreation to be one and the
same.
Do exercise that develops your whole being and not
just your body.
Listen to music that bridges the three spheres of your
being.
Choose leaders for their virtue rather than their wealth
or power.
Serve others and cultivate yourself simultaneously.

Understand that true growth comes from meeting and
solving the problems of life in a way that is
harmonizing to yourself and to others.

If you can follow these simple old ways, you will be
continually renewed."

I understand now that my purpose in starting and continuing this blog has been to focus and simplify my life. This has led me to a moment where I feel few things are difficult, or have to be, at least for long. I have found some internal and external tools for making my way through life with greater ease, more awareness, and less pain. As I feel burdens lift, I am freer to create and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment