Thursday, July 16, 2020

54. Create Clarity and Encourage Freedom

"Virtue comes from within your children.
It is a natural part of their being.
It can never be taken from them.
It follows them wherever they travel.
It guides them in all circumstances.
It will cause their life to flourish
and be filled with joy.

Amidst the hundreds of voices
clamoring for their attention saying,
'This way. No, that way,'
your children will learn
to trust their own hearts.
Thus they will act wisely.
You need not worry.

How can you keep from worry?
Look inside yourself.

We don't trust natural goodness.
We think it must be imposed from without.
But all foolish decisions and choices
grow from confusion and fear.
And confusion and fear are amplified
by constant pushing and preaching.
Is there a way you can help
create clarity and encourage freedom?"

I hope my daughter will learn to trust her own heart, better than I learned to trust mine. I constantly asked myself, how could I trust something that was so broken? Only through my many spiritual and faith experiences have I learned to get back in touch with my natural goodness and accept the substance of my own heart, so dangerously available as it has been through all my accumulated vulnerabilities and hurts. As I have learned to practice vulnerability, and by so doing actively heal my  hurt and grief, my heart has begun to be restored. I consider it a blessing to be able to share both this process, and the results of it, with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment