Sunday, July 5, 2020

42. Befriend Solitude

"Learning to handle the many moods
and activities of life
requires solitude.

Do not let the demands
of an overly active world
rob your children of their peace.
Constant stimulation
without the balance of quietness
creates chaos.
The child who early befriends solitude
becomes one with all that is
and inherits everything.

First you must embrace solitude in your own life.
It is more difficult than you think.
Distractions are everywhere.
Even the mind is noisy.
Give your children time to play without agenda,
to read without purpose,
to daydream without limits,
and to discover without fear.
Allow yourself the same."

When I lived alone--truly alone, when I thought I would never have a partner or family--I learned something about how to be "poor in spirit" means to feel the need for God. Honestly I don't know how I would have made it through my loneliest days without feeling that need. I learned to make room for God in my life, and He has led me to and through everything I have and experience now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment