Tuesday, July 7, 2020

45. Perfection

"If you expect to have perfect children
you will be constantly disappointed
and your children
constantly frustrated.
If you realize that your children
are perfectly themselves
in every moment,
you and your children
will be at peace.

Step back and watch.
You will see that Life
naturally perfects Itself.

Your child's behavior may displease you.
It may even be destructive.
But it is what it is.
It is up to you to understand it
and to use it for good
for your child
and for you."

Growing up I was always expected to "do my best." But I never got the chance to arrive at my own notion or conviction about what that was. There was always an external exhortation or demand. What I wish for my daughter is to help her be in touch with herself at all times, so that she will know herself best, and have the tools to be all of who she is in the best possible way.


No comments:

Post a Comment