Thursday, August 11, 2016

Longevity

"Contemplate in the morning.
Pull weeds in the afternoon.
The joys and labor of a single day
Are part of a whole journey."

I often marvel at how much life can change in a moment. The weight of hours of toil can fall away with the embrace of a loved one. Hope and joy for the future can be restored with a single kind word. Once I understood the power of a moment, adding more to their number in my life seemed the greatest gift and honor. When a day seems mired in drudgery, I grow patient and give thanks for the strength to face it. When a task seems interminable, I wait, quiet myself, and focus. Though I know not when my life will end, I try to approach each moment as an end in itself: This is what I live for, outside of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment