Sunday, August 14, 2016

Confidence

"Truth perceived gives assurance.
Skill yields self-reliance.
With courage, we can defy danger.
To increase power, increase humility."

Being disabled has taught me to fear everything. It has also forced me into a humility I don't always feel. Rather, I experience it as humiliation. Amidst the travails of my day-to-day, I must believe God is preserving me for His purpose. Otherwise I would have perished long ago from the false belief that, with my limitations, it is better for me not to try. Where that came from is too painful for me to think about. At this moment when I feel backed into a corner career-wise, beaten down by that most taboo of personal losses, and unsure of what to do next, I feel a willingness to try like never before. That scares me, too. But I go forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment