Saturday, August 20, 2016

Farewell

"We part at the crossroads,
You leave with your joys and problems,
I with mine. Alone, I look down the road.
Each one must walk one's own path."

I have walked too much of my life's path alone. There is a big difference between this and doing so with independence. I once talked with a friend at length about the difference between owning one's life happenings and choosing them. At the time I was perhaps too jaded to understand the value of always operating from a place of choice, but it's true that whether or not I choose a particular life circumstance, I can still choose to embrace it because of what is. I still cringe at this idea, and I still also grapple with the idea that my circumstances will force me to choose something at least some of the time. Perhaps the key is to stop resisting. With true humility I will never know defeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment