Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Noninterference

"I love this lake,
Basin of heavenly tears,
Tilted from lunar pull
Jostling its shore.

I love these mountains,
Stark rock outcroppings,
Sculpted by the oceans,
Lifted at some unknown time,
Isolated in a field of vetch,
Cleaved by silver falls.

A sentinel owl regards me unblinkingly,
And beyond, alpine forests form a cadence
To a distant moon."

I cannot say how many times I have thought or expressed that I wish no harm on anyone currently operating in this new and truly terrifying administration; I wish only that they might become well and truly acquainted with the full extent of the consequences of their proposed actions, both those to come and those already in painful progress. Until then, I can only increase my commitment to preserving my own and our country's principles while countering those who would seek to undermine them. This is a prayer for peaceful coexistence among those who join in the efforts to do both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment