Monday, February 20, 2017

Duration

"The sun shines half a day,
The moon dominates the rest.
Even contemplation
Should have its proper duration."

Every day I pray for the grace to endure something difficult. I know I already have, but my particular prayer usually comes in the form of, "I know I have done things much harder than this," at moments when I feel overwhelmed. My life may seem easy in comparison with some, but I tell you it is the hardest thing in the world always to feel ready for more, only to see that it still hasn't come. I continue to take small steps forward, and I am learning to stop asking myself if it will ever be enough. Part of that makes me feel dead inside, but perhaps some of that is necessary. I am willing to accept it, for now. Still, I won't stop asking Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment