Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Environment

"How can you live
With the constant noise of traffic?
The stench of garbage?
The sight of buildings instead of mountains?
The movement of streets instead of rivers?
The feel of pavement instead of earth?"

I think that as we are God's children, we are also children of the Earth. Everything on it and in it is our family and our home. In my efforts to take care of both it and my place in it, I constantly ask myself what's really necessary. As I do, I find myself gradually growing in a holier, healthier direction. I pray this also may be available to everyone, even amid all the worries and fears for the future. We were made to be together, and it's the grossest perversion that we don't recognize that--competing instead for all of what was here long before we were. It's terrifying and sad. We will only end up hurting ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment