Saturday, March 11, 2017

Oneness

"If I break down the walls, I will be surrounded by the garden.
If I break the levee, water will inundate me.
Meditation is not to be separated from life."

I once read a book called So Far From God. I've often felt since like that title alone is the story of my life. I am sure I am not alone in this, and that as well as my own determination has caused me to seek Him with almost a vengeance: "After everything I've been through, you won't keep me away so easily!" Often I think it's a fight I'm not truly up for, but I'm still here, and still with a lot more to do. Doubts diminish as gratitude increases. It's a simple matter, but not a simple process. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard someone once say "At the furthest you are away from God, the closest God is to you. The closer you are to God, the further away God feels." I think it might have been TD Jakes who said it, much more eloquently than my paraphrased version. Seemed true to my experience when I heard it ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete