Saturday, March 11, 2017

Maturity

"Immortality does not beget wisdom.
Only mortality begets maturity."

I sometimes wonder if God sees me as difficult. I mean, I know I'm difficult for people in a lot of ways, so I try hard to give gentle consideration to everyone, but I still manage to feel most of the time like God must be deeply ashamed of me. Why else would He test me with so many losses? I don't like to dwell on the thought, for I know many have their tests and trials, but I must be honest and say it does cross my mind from time to time. The baby was the worst of them, but by now, I fear, I must be somewhat inured. When I feel pain, I know that fear is unfounded, so while it's hard to be grateful, I am at least deeply aware and striving to carry the pain with me as far as I need to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment