Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sound

"Wind in the cave:
Movement in stillness.
Power in silence."

Hello, darkness, my old friend. I don't want to talk to you anymore. When I was in my deepest grieving, over my father, over some other critical relationships, when I had no idea what the future held and usually felt that I didn't care to know, I would wander around wherever I was in the world at the time and say in my head again and again--sometimes barely keeping it all inside--"No more now. No more now, okay? Please, no more now."

An echo of that still comes up now and then, after this baby. I try to find the courage inside just to keep forging ahead and being honest, not running from my truth. If the tears come, I don't try to hide them. Still, I find myself hoping that a new truth will dawn in my life someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment