Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ablution

"Washing at dawn:
Rinse away dreams.
Protect the gods within,
And clarify the inner spirit."

I've often reflected that it wouldn't be my life if I didn't have to struggle a little. I've felt most keenly the cycles of desolation and consolation which, I've heard others say, are part and parcel of a life of faith. At the same time, I realize now that I've never asked Him specifically to purify me for His purpose, although I've tried to live in such a way that would help that happen, anyway. I've been so focused on my fear of Him that I forget how much He loves me. Perhaps in all the waiting I say I've done for Him, He's been waiting for me, too. I want to make myself available. I try to ask, but I don't know what to ask for and I'm afraid to get too specific, if only because I'm sure I rarely do all of that which I'm supposed to. Here's to trying anew. I know it's not too late. I pray that it may never be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment