Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Shaping

"Potter at the wheel.
From centering to finished pot,
Form increases as options decrease;
Softness goes to hardness."

I've never really liked the notion of "arriving" in life. As if at some point my work will be done and I can rest on my laurels to surround myself with everything I have…As if the pressure of striving will one day let up and I can just enjoy. The world, I think, wants us to believe this is possible: "Let go and live in the moment," I hear all the time. "It's all you've got!" And I might, too, except I so often feel myself growing toward some great destiny, into something I must do for the time I am here. By commending myself into His hands, I find the strength to keep working. May He ever increase my form toward His purpose. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment