Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Reflection

"Moon above water.
Sit in solitude."

God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone…" but what of woman? There are people who would argue that the only purpose for her is to be the helpmeet of man. In my life it's been a role I've longed to fulfill, and I've been only too happy to do so since my wedding day--even before then, in my own way. Yet I am also given to understand that with His coming into the world, Jesus radically changed all that. With the new covenant, perhaps, came options for women, options that in the new heaven and the new earth none of us now can imagine. I've always felt that only by fully stepping into the role of wife and mother will I be truly free. I'm still so far away from that, grieving the loss of my baby, that maybe I need to be alone.  If I am alone, maybe He will find me. Maybe He will lead me back and give me hope. I can only pray, "Thy will be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment