Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Worry

"Worry is an addiction
That interferes with compassion."

I should get in the habit of asking myself, "What do you gain by worrying?" I try so hard to be smart and thoughtful, caring and considerate in everything I do, and it would seem only natural in the midst of one's busy life to equate "worry" with care, concern, consideration, compassion. And yet, when I ask myself this question, I have a million negative answers--that is, for all the things I lose: Time. Energy. Focus. Sometimes even money (that is, to do the things in this life that are truly worth doing!) Eventually, might that devolve into a loss of empathy, care, consideration, even compassion, as I zero in on all the things that concern me, trouble me, worry me only? I know He is greater than all my worry. I know He would give me the grace of true compassion if only I could ask the right question.


No comments:

Post a Comment