Saturday, June 4, 2016

Communication

"Movement, objects, speech, words:
We communicate through gross symbols.
We call them 'objective,'
But we cannot escape our point of view."

The main Bible verse I chose for today, I feel, reflects this "grossness"; not everybody has the same idea of what constitutes a word fitly spoken, in due time. Words spoken in true righteousness can still be twisted in order to condemn the speaker. What I struggle to remember is that all human points of view are limited; as such, the words spoken to express them must be chosen carefully. Perhaps such care must be learned separately; it reminds me of the plaque on the wall of my grandparents' home: "If you do not understand my silence, you will not understand my words." May God come to me in my silence, that He may guide me in my words, forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment