Saturday, June 18, 2016

Vantage

"Distant ridges, faraway clouds
All events come from a distance.
With a high vantage point,
Foretelling the future is elementary."

I trust God to reveal His truth to me in His time. I trust that He created me to be an expression of His truth. That's why, when I read Hinds' Feet on High Places , I was so horrified to find the main character this wretched creature, the moral of whose story was that she could not climb as created, but had to wait for God to transform her...It made no sense. Isn't it from my slowness and imbalance that come both the patience to endure and the endurance to finish my course? Isn't it in my tightly coiled muscles that the strength to do His will must be found? I can climb as I am, I will meet Him as He created me...Must I not also be lovable and acceptable in His sight, as I climb with all of what He gave me?

No comments:

Post a Comment